Friday, June 12, 2009

Special Gifts



This morning I was greated by at least 8 boys swarming around my cab outside the gate of the church. Then one of them stepped forward with a gift for me. Of all of the kids in the program, he is the only one with whom I have had to be very strict. He is a bigger boy and he sometimes bullies the others, so I was very surprised to receive a gift from him.






I absolutely love it. I would say that I can't wait to hang it on my wall at home, but that's not true because I am in no hurry to go home. But when I do get home, one of the first things I will do is to put it on my wall. It's shaped kind of like it should be a waterfall. His mother makes them to sell.






When the boys saw how excited I was about the gift, they all began hugging me. Wish I had a camera for that. About eight 12 year olds wrapped around me with hugs. Another special gift!






This morning we had a special breakfast because there was no school this week so we made a hot breakfast of panqueques (pancakes) with strawberries and bananas inside. For the people who helped, Tony made a special batch with chocolate inside. Yummy!!!

No comments: