Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Birthdays Galore











I am feeling much better mentally yesterday and today. Although I did spend yesterday sleeping. I'm fighting off a cold. Got all ready to leave the house and called my taxi driver on the way out the door, as usual, but he said he wasn't driving yesterday. That was a first, but it ended up being best for me since I went back to bed and slept the entire day. Clearly my body was trying to tell me something. And I didn't infect 50 kids at the breakfast program with my germs. As we all know, sometimes God works in strange ways.

Saturday we finally found cocoa powder for my favorite chocolate cake. It was at the grocery store where we all went after the baptisms last year and bought food to bring home with us. Turns out that's the store that's known as the most Americanized, and expensive. But I got the cocoa and made 2 bday cakes that night. I stayed up until 1 am, Karla and Karina until 3 am, cooking and decorating. It was fun. Got some great pics of Valery licking the spatula for her bday cake.

Saturday was also Bismar's bday. We celebrated it at the youth group at church Saturday afternoon. Friday Karina and I toured the city looking for bibles for Jose and Karla. Finally we found bibles, cards, a leather zippered cover for Jose's bible, as well as a card and a bracelet for Bismar. Bismar is such an incredible young man - it was his 13th bday! Tony invited us to a party at his house for Bismar. I was disappointed that we couldn't go, but was glad that we chose not to when we were still working on things for Jose ad Valery's party until late into the night.

No comments: