Thursday, March 29, 2012

Lost Luggage, Lost Kitty

Today was great in some ways, hard in others.  First I'll tell you the great:

I started the day with a yummy breakfast of beans, tortillas, mantequilla and the special cheese they have here, queso fresco.  It was even better than I was imagining ahead of time.

The not so great is that my luggage did not come.  I am worried now that it may never come.

Also I learned that my cat, Bella, ran away.  She has a micro-chip and a collar, but she doesn't really like people and I am afraid she will be hard to find.  I am sad and scared for her.

We are so busy, I hardly have a moment to write.  Jairo and Lourdes are making great efforts to take personal time with me and check in to see how I am doing.  They work so hard ALL day, it is hard to keep up with them.

Today Jairo told me I am a true missionary, like in the bible, with only the clothes on my back.  It is almost true, but not fully.  Lourdes' sister, Belinda, wears exactly the same size pants and everyone is pitching in to make sure I have what I need.  It is hard being in a strange country with none of your personal comforts, but Lourdes explained that when we are stripped of all of our comforts we have no choice but to turn to God.  It is hard to see this as good for me, but I am trying.  Jairo also told me that he can see God has big plans for me.  I have never known Jairo to be wrong about these things.  He said that God is going to change my priorities and the outcome of my time here will be far different from what I expect.  I don't think I really have any expectations.  I don't know what my time here will bring.  Only time will tell.

No comments: