Monday, April 30, 2012

I'm going to La Tigra!

Karla just called.  I have no idea what she really said because she speaks so quickly that I can't understand her on the phone.  I only know that I should be ready between 9-9:30 tomorrow to go to La Tigra!!!  Oh, and I am supposed to bring a cake.  But I'm making brownies instead because she called me at 10pm.  Did you know that Gringos are known for their baking skills?  I didn't until recently.  Hope I don't disappoint!  I had no measuring utensils so I had to eyeball everything.  Smells good in the oven so far.

Me encanta La Tigra - I love La Tigra!  It is a rainforest up above the city, so we will be getting away from any violence that may occur. I have had some really great times there.  I was baptized there in 2008.  I love hiking there too.  I will take lots of pictures.

While I was on the phone with Karla I had another encounter with a giant cockroach.  Earlier in the evening I heard something fall inside my closet, and I even thought, "That sounds like a giant cockroach." But then I decided I was being paranoid.  So I'm talking on the phone with Karla and a giant cockroach crawls out of my closet.  I swear, the next time I'm going to take a picture.  Its antennae alone are tremendous!  I started screaming and she is asking me what is wrong, but I am so horrified I can't think of the word for cockroach in Spanish, although it's one word most people who don't even speak Spanish still know.  So I'm screaming like something is about to murder me but I still can't find the words in Spanish and finally I yell "CUCARACHA!!!" and she yells over the phone, "Kill it!"  and I yell, "I'm getting the spray!" and she says "Use your foot!"  and I say "It's BIGGER than my foot!"  and we both start laughing our heads off.  I love Karla.  Can't wait to spend the day with her and her family tomorrow.  Yay!!!

1 comment:

Jody said...

I hope you're having a wonderful time in La Tigra! I can almost smell it now!