Monday, May 27, 2013

Bazillipedes

I just saw the most enormous millipede I have ever seen in my life.  It was under my kitchen table. I went downstairs with an appetite and after trying to kill that thing I was no longer hungry.  The darn thing would not die.  It would be smushed into a pile from my shoe, but each time, no matter how much I mashed, it would unravel itself and scurry along.  Those things are fast too!  It was longer than the length of my hand from palm to the end of my middle finger.  To be honest I am still not sure it's dead.  It is wadded up in a napkin in my garbage can, but I do not doubt that it could still unravel itself and crawl out.  Should have flushed it.

A few days ago I found two different baby scorpions under my night lamp.  At least that is what they looked like to me.  They are pretty unmistakable.  I worry about Jetty.  She likes to chase bugs.  Hope she doesn't chase the wrong one.  The rainy season has only just begun and it seems to be bringing crazy bugs out of the woodwork (or cementwork as the case may be).  Yikes!

Note to self:  Wear footwear at all times.  You never know what you may step on.

No comments: