Monday, May 13, 2013

Jairo got through surgery fine

Jairo had his gall bladder out today.  Lourdes called while I was praying with the kids.  Normally I never have my phone with me, but today it was in my pocket so they all got to say hello to her.  They memorized scripture and had a good group.  Lourdes told us that Jairo made it through the surgery fine.

The girls had a lot of English homework.  We stayed a little later than normal at the church because they needed help.  My new English student came to me with a sad face this afternoon saying he can't come to class anymore because he got a job.  I was very happy for him, but he was really disappointed that he won't be able to continue English classes.  Getting a job is a really big deal when the unemployment rate is 48%.

I had a bunch of errands to run this afternoon.  It is still a huge relief that I don't have to rely on others when I need to get something done.  I even got to help out my landlord.  Her car wouldn't start tonight and she was almost late for a concert.  She called and asked if I could run them over to the school.  I was happy to help them out.  They do so much for me, it was nice to be able to do something for them.

Lourdes will be at home caring for Jairo at least for this week.  Belinda had to go to her son's school for a Mother's Day celebration today.  She came to the church looking beautiful after the party at the school.  We had a nice conversation.  Then she received a phone call that her other son was sick so she had to leave again.  Everything went very well.  It was just Marlin, Jacky and me.  We had no problems at all.

I stopped and made copies of my keys.  There are lots of makeshift places that sell key in Honduras.  People just bring a machine and the rack of blank keys and set up wherever they want.  This guy was on a bench on the side of the road.  Don Juan recommended him.  It was funny, there I was on the side of the road at the key place and I saw two people I know!  A lot of people were waiting in line for keys (strange, I know).  None of them had people walk up and start talking to them, but I did!

One of my friends invited me to hang out one of these Saturdays now that I have a car and can come into the city.  She said she and another friend from church have been planning to have a get together with me soon.  I told her I would love to hang out with them!

No comments: