Sunday, July 7, 2013

Baptisms!

Baptisms were scheduled to happen while I was in the US, but were postponed until today so I was able to be here!  I was so happy.  My friend Marcela, my landlord's daughter, chose to be baptized today.

The boys from El Sembrador were visiting for the week.  Lourdes and Jairo said good bye to them and told them if they want to go to college in the US, they should work hard and will always have a place to stay with the Sarmientos in California.





Photos of today's baptisms:

Chema's son chose to be baptized.


Deborah and her father, Dr Gustavo

Marcela and her father, Carlos, as he spoke to her before her baptism

Jairo praying


Submerging

Hugs for Marcela!

Marcela and her father

Walter and Marcela

Joss and her best friend, Marcela

Lourdes and Annette

Jairo



Tomorrow will be one of my favorite days at the Breakfast Program.  The kids will get to swim in the pool that we used for the baptisms.  They love it!  Can't wait to share the photos.

No comments: