Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Early morning ponderings

Woke up at 1:30 and couldn't get back to sleep.  I am reminding myself how many people I have still to support me after Jairo and Lourdes leave.  Yesterday Eunice gave me a huge hug and said, "We love you."  I know she is one person I can always talk to.  Both of my landlords have told me very directly that they want to support me in any way they can and I can go to them any time.  I know that I have Karla and Jose, same as always.  My friend Marlin is always happy to listen, as are Raquel and Nicolle.  There are others at the church who are supportive.  Plus I have good friends in the states and my Mom there.  I talked to her for a long time yesterday.

I will be okay without the Sarmientos.  I am used to having the Sarmientos here as my main support system, but I have others who have told me they want to step into their place.  What a blessing it is that people are thinking of ME in this time of so many changes!  Jairo said he will still be checking in on me.  I will make him proud.

I am happy for the Sarmientos.  This is a huge blessing from God.  They will be safer.  The kids will have opportunities that aren't available to them in Honduras.  But in this moment it is a big change.  They are leaving all of their friends and family here, the country they love, the food the love, the customs they are used to, and their whole way of life.  This is a new start for them, and for us as we move on without them.  I hope the people in the US are as good to them as they were to me when I moved here.

I don't want to go to the airport.  I hate saying goodbye.


2 comments:

Charlie said...

You also have a lot of folks out here holding you up with prayers.

Mary Lynn said...

Yup Charlie! My strongest form of support is definitely prayer. And I know there is a of it for me. I received text messages and emails from the states all day today. Really couldn't ask for anything more than prayer. But it is nice to have people to talk things out with too. The prayer is working because I have all of the comfort I need. I am in good hands - God's and all of the awesome people who are in this journey with me.