Thursday, December 12, 2013

I love you

I forgot to write about something important.

Today I was at the swimming program.  I have told a few people that I really enjoy getting to know the kids on a different level than I am able to at the Breakfast Program.  I have free time to focus just on them, and I think it helps that we are doing something I love and am good at - swimming.  I can teach them and give them a ton of positive feedback.  They are learning so quickly!

They spend all morning calling my name, asking me to watch the new thing they can do.  It has been a great bonding opportunity.  Today I was talking to two of the older girls at the pool when suddenly one of them threw her arms around my neck and said, "I love you!"

I replied, "I love you too!"

She said, "I hope you never leave Honduras."

I just kept hugging her.

This is a photo of us from a few months ago:

Lolita and me

No comments: