Wednesday, September 16, 2015

A few bumps in the road

What a day! The power went out at my house so I ate cereal and figured I'd have time to buy lunch/dinner between physical therapy and prayer group. But the power was out at the physical therapists so I had to use all but 13 Lempiras ($.50) to pay for my PT in cash.

On the way from PT to prayer group I planned to drop off the paperwork for my MRI.

Today the physical therapist asked how long it would take. I told her I would drop off the papers after my appointment and from there someone would pick up the papers, take them to another office, (hopefully) approve payment, and decide where to send me for the procedure. I figure it will take about 2 weeks. The therapist started having a fit, "Mary! You need to tell them it is URGENT!" "Well," I thought to myself, "I have been asking for an MRI for 6 weeks and it was never urgent when I was the one who thought it needed to be done."

"I have already been like this for nine weeks," I told her. "Two more is not going to make much difference, is it?"

"But something is really wrong! You are not getting better!"

"I know."

No sense in saying that I have been trying to tell her boss that all along.

My phone got enough of a charge in the car on the way to the PT office that I could call the place where I had to drop off the papers. It was 3:08 pm. They told me their office was closed for the rest of the day. I felt really frustrated! Finally this thing with my arm is urgent, and now the offices are closed at 3 p.m. on a Thursday? They didn't bother to tell me that the whole building was on lock down and crawling with police because a lawyer was just stabbed and killed there. When I read that in the news, I have to admit I felt a little better. Not better that the man was killed, of course, but better because I could understand why they needed to close the office early.

I will drop off the papers tomorrow. Today I had to ask the pastor to lend me some money to eat. I thought I would spend 2 hours thinking about food, rather than praying. But prayer group was cut short. We prayed for Pastora Ruth's mother and then the Pastora headed home to be with her mom.

Everything I planned to do did not turn out right today.

Alexander taught me how to do the rest of the photography stuff. Turns out, I wasn't crazy. I couldn't do the rest of the things because I didn't have the right programs on my computer yet. But I have those now, so my photos should look extra sharp.

Here are two I am working on now:

Pastora Ruth praying for Saul on his birthday

Nidia opened the church service this week

No comments: