Tuesday, February 16, 2016

1:53 a.m. Phone Call

Why am I awake at this hour? (It's 2 a.m. in Honduras.)

Initially I thought it was because the cat came and laid on my head, purring like crazy, which woke me up.

Then I got to thinking that my boss is picking me up in Villa Nueva tomorrow, but I am actually working in Flor de Campo, which is nowhere near Villa Nueva. So I need to get that straightened out.  But there is nothing I can do about that at 2 a.m.

At that point my brain was wide awake and I felt sweaty so I considered a shower, but knew I will never really get out of bed. Yet I was wide awake so I started to pray.

That was when I got a message from Erika's phone, calling me collect. Erika's boyfriend called to say that he just dropped her off at the hospital! Her contractions started getting stronger at 11 p.m. so he took her in a taxi to Hospital Escuela.

He said he and Erika are both calm because they are putting God first.

I am going to stop writing and pray for her, for every doctor and nurse that comes near her, and for her baby boy, who is about to breathe his first breaths in this world.

Good night. Heavenly Father, watch over Erika and her baby...

No comments: