Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Riding the bus

This morning I was up early after not sleeping well. I kept waking up with Karla on my mind, wondering how she felt spending the first night without her mother. Of course my worry did nothing but leave me with bags under my eyes (larger than normal), nausea and a migraine.

I promised Fany I would go over at 7 a.m. to take photos of Laura getting on the bus for the first time. Yesterday she went to school with her parents. Today the bus driver passed by for her. This was the hardest part for Fany. We have been praying about it for days. She is okay now with Laura being in the school but is very nervous about the bus.

At 6:40 I wrapped a sweater around my pajamas (It's getting into the 50's every night here!) and headed over to Fany's house. They were all ready and waiting.

First Fany asked me to pray so I prayed about Laura's day, and specifically the bus ride. The bus ended up coming 25 minutes late and passing right by the house, but Laura was calm the whole time.

We took some photos. I am trying to get more natural photos and not the beauty queen smile with the fake poses.

It's cold outside, tights, socks, a hood, and hat



The bus passed right by the house!

Searching for the bus

No comments: