Sunday, April 17, 2016

Leadership

Today at church I had a chance to talk with Pastora Ruth and Pastor Paysen about dreams I had last week. Two nights in a row I had almost the same dream.

The first night a group of people were lost in the forest. I told them I would get them out. I didn't know the way out, but I was sure I could lead them to safety.

The second night a huge ship, like the Titanic, was sinking. I was aboard the ship, organizing and helping the people get to safety. Once again I was alone in the sense that nobody else was helping. Everyone followed my direction, no questions asked. I didn't really know how to evacuate a sinking ship. But that didn't matter. I felt calm and confident.

Both nights after the dream God woke me wide awake and left me to think about the dream. I thought about the fact that although I was in scary situations, but I never felt scared, anxious, or unsure of myself. I just took charge and did what needed to be done.

I also noticed that I was alone with a group of strangers. They followed my lead without question.

Pastora Ruth's immediate response was, "God is putting you in a position of leadership. In the second dream He is confirming it. The confidence you felt means He has already prepared you. You are ready."

I said, "Yes, but I am all alone."

Pastor Paysen said, "Leaders are most often alone."

No comments: