Saturday, June 10, 2017

No more loose ends

God is shutting things down for me in Honduras. It's pretty crazy.

I asked for prayer because I was really anxious about the idea of leaving several projects here, and this week God took care of every one of them.

Monday I ended up at the airport where I happened to mention to a lady that I may be stuck paying a large fine because the laws changed and I can't renew my residency card. She gave me paperwork to verify that I am leaving the country and will be back, sealed and signed. She says that document will keep me from paying the fine. I'm praying! We'll see on Monday.

Tuesday the psychologist and I finished the manual for our incest survivors group. The plan was for it to start in July, but her schedule is not open until October the support group can't start until after I get back!

Wednesday I got a message from my boss. She said that due to extenuating circumstances which have nothing to do with my leaving, the kids will have their last swimming class with me and a graduation the following week. The class is ending, but it's not because of my absence.

Thursday I tried to get cash from two cash machines, but kept getting a message to call my bank in the US. The bank swore there was nothing wrong with my card. My Mom went to the US bank and they said the funds are there, the card is fine, I should be able to withdraw money. The next day I tried again and couldn't get any money. I called the bank again. The lady was rude (I'll be leaving USBank as soon as I get back to the US) and told me there is nothing she can do for me. My being stranded in Honduras with no money was of no concern to her.

My Pastor offered to lend me cash to pay off my bills before I leave, so I was fine. But that experience was really frustrating. It seemed like a final sign that I should be heading for the US.

All of the loose ends are tied up. My work us finished until I get back. It's time to go to New York and see what God has in store for me there.

Some of you have been asking about my ankle. It is getting better. I've been driving for two weeks now. It does still hurt quite a bit sometimes, especially if I don't do my PT or on the days I teach swimming from the mixture of flutter kicking and jumping around. I'll be meeting with my friend who is a physical therapist when I get to the US to see what else I can do to heal.

A year ago in May was when I got Chikungunya. I still have the symptoms almost every day. They are worst first thing in the morning - especially in my fingers. On random days I have pain in my ankles, knees, elbows, back and shoulders. But that's unpredictable and less often than it used to be. I'm learning to live with it.


No comments: