Sunday, July 5, 2009

Airport has been overtaken

Tony just came and asked if I've heard the latest. The military who were controlling the airport were overcome by masses of people who have raided the airport. The military is no longer in control at the airport.

Just a second ago we thought the power went out. They did that the last time, to keep people from hearing the news and to try to maintain calm. But we just blew a fuse because Karla is cooking with lots of things going at the same time. For some people - I'll admit I'm included in this group - tensions are high.

I need to take a zanax. I wish it wouldn't be rude to just stay in my room and nap or read a book all afternoon. I am just not up to entertaining company. But I have to say it feels good to have Tony here.

PS:
Mel just landed in El Salavador. I went downstairs, ate and cleaned some dishes. I figure that was sufficient socialization so I am going to read or nap for a while.

No comments: