Sunday, July 5, 2009

Final Countdown for Mel. Tony & Evelin Home Safe

Tony and Evelin are home safe. I saw them both today at church. Tony had a difficult time returning the rented bus b/c airport is closed in anticipation of Mel's return. It is unclear to me if the airport is closed in an attempt to keep Mel from entering the country (this is Jose's belief) or if the airport is closed to everyone except Mel in an effort to get him back and then - I don't know what. (That's my thought.)

Everything was very calm when we went to church. There was some military presence and they were pulling cars over and searching cars. It seemed random and I hoped I was not putting my family in danger by traveling with them, as I am a gringa.

As we were getting out of the car at home the news reported that Mel had just left Washington and is expected to arrive in Teguc at 4 pm. I should have news by tonight about what happens. (Of course my computer has been acting crazy again, so if you don't hear from me again today, that is why.) The news just sounds like a bunch of screaming to me, so I am trying to avoid it.

Karla is preparing a lunch for Tony, Nidia, Walter and his brother Norman. I'm not feeling very social, so blogging gives me a good excuse to hide out in my room. :)

No comments: