Saturday, September 29, 2012

Saturday

Today is Saturday.  I slept late since I've been averaging 5-6 hours during the week.  This is my one day to sleep in so let's just say, I took advantage of it!

After getting the laundry started I ran down to the pulperia, hoping to buy broccoli and garlic but they didn't get any broccoli today.  However, I did learn that I can pay all of my bills there from now on.  Normally everyone has to go to the bank to pay for water, electricity, and even cable.  Now I can pay bills just down the street any day between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.  I think my neighbors, Fany and Santos, will be so excited to hear this too.  They spend hours in line at the bank.

Since I won't be home for any meals Monday or Tuesday, and we are having a fundraiser lunch after church tomorrow, I was hoping to avoid the weekly trip to the super.  But neither of the pulperias on my street had enough fresh veggies for me to make it through the week.  So I hung up the laundry, hoped the storm clouds weren't going to let loose before I returned, and made my weekly trip to the super.  This time I asked the taxista to wait, since I only needed a few things.  Usually he leaves and returns in an hour.

When we got home the laundry was not dry, but the clouds were still holding back the rain.  I cooked some pasta with spicy sausage - something I never would have chosen to cook in the US.  It was tasty!  Then I sent out letters to a few people asking if they can help out with financial support and letting them know the latest news in Honduras.  I got permission from K2, my church in the US, to put my sofa, washer, dryer, dishes and various other things into a big tractor trailer size container with the donations they are shipping here.  That will be nice!!!

Last night I washed my hair.  It was only the second time I've used bottled water because I am trying to wash and even to comb my hair as minimally as possible.  I am still losing a LOT of hair.  I hope this changes soon because it is bumming me out.

Tomorrow will be a long day at church.  The kids at the Breakfast Program will sing a song we have been practicing for weeks.  After the service we will have a luncheon to raise money for the women's conference which is in a few weeks.  Lourdes asked yesterday if I am interested in taking voice lessons at the church on Saturdays.  I told her I would love to take voice lessons, but I don't think I should commit to spending 7 days/week at the church.  I need to have one day away from the church to maintain some balance in my life.

No comments: