Monday, December 30, 2013

5 a.m.

Up again at 5 a.m.  Something irritated Jetty's asthma last night, but I was too lazy to give her a nebeulizer treatment at 11 pm.  Neither of us slept well because she was really wheezy.  When she gets like that for some reason she likes to sleep as close to me as possible.  I think it's for the warmth.  I turned on the space heater and wrapped her up between myself and a pillow.

She started that "cough" thing at 5:09 a.m. so I finally dragged myself out of bed, which I should have done last night, and gave her the nebeulizer treatment.  When it was over she laid there purring as if to say, "Thank you for finally taking care of me."  Now she is resting in the crook of my neck and breathing much better.

If I had gone to the US for Christmas, this would have been the second time she needed the nebuelizer at night and nobody would be here to give it to her.  Miss spending the holidays with my family, but glad I could be here to take care of Jett.

Got one batch of cookies done yesterday and another started, sitting in the fridge overnight.  Gonna hit the gym early, then come home and bake.  Need to remember to buy more saline for the cat.

No comments: