Monday, September 29, 2014

The good the bad and the beautiful

First, the bad news.  My sink is leaking from a different pipe and I don't feel well.

Now some good news/bad news.  My friend Deylia who took my place as preschool teacher got a paying job.  This is good news for Deylia and her family, but bad news for Buen Provecho and the kids.  She is an excellent preschool teacher.  It is also bad news for me personally because I was starting to feel like she could really be a good friend.  Now I fear I won't have much time with her to see that friendship develop.

I was told Deylia was offered a job as a housekeeper at a hotel.  While I am happy that she has a paying job now, I see her as someone capable of so much more.  I do not mean to say that housekeeping is not a worthy job.  I just wish Deylia could have a job where she would use her intelligence and the personal skills with which she has been blessed.  But in an economy of 48% unemployment,  I understand you have to take any job you can get.

Now, for the good news.

Lupe played today!  Lupe is about 25 years old.  She doesn't talk, but she is sweet in her mannerisms.  She is able to follow directions.  She is a quiet, gentle soul.  Today I saw a new side of Lupe that was awesome!

Lupe has a little sister, Milagro, who is five years old.  After watching Lupe and Milagro play together I assessed that Lupe's mental age is about four years old.  First they played tag with another little boy who is new and sweet as can be.  He kept coming up to me and cuddling onto my lap or hugging me.  The three of them played tag for about an hour.

Then after they ate the older kids noticed I was taking pictures so they played a game where Lupe and her other sister, Lourdes, held up their arms like a bridge.  The kids passed under the bridge singing a song.  When the song ended whoever was under the bridge got trapped.

I think Lupe had a better time today than she has ever had at Buen Provecho.

Milagro and Cristofer playing tag with Lupe



Lupe's smile

The bridge game

Sisters - Lourdes, Lupe and Milagro

What are younger siblings for?
Flipping over your shoulder of course!

Lourdes and Milagro

Beautiful girls





Junior has been around regularly lately!



Beautiful Angelica

Lorenzo and Jose



Add caption

Don Juan's garden at the church






1 comment:

Charlie said...

Beautiful kids.