Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Making Plans

My sinuses are killing me.  Despite the physical discomfort, today has been one of those days that makes everything else worthwhile.

My Pastor asked to meet with me today so I have been looking forward to that all week.  I was not sure if it were for personal ministry or for something else, but any time spent with Pastor Ruth is good time, so I was happy to go.

Turned out Ruth was ready to plan for when the teams come to visit.  We are not sure how many days we will have with them, but we need to be prepared.  She asked how they normally like to serve.  I said the teens have now cancelled.  :(  They probably would have liked something more task oriented.  But the group in June is going to be more relationship oriented.  They would like to go home, I think, feeling like they know some Honduran people, have built relationships with people, and can call them by name.

I told Ruth that I think it would be really cool if they could see the contrast between city life (in Los Pinos where they will also serve) and the difficulties that people in the country face.  The city and country are two very different worlds, and I would like the team to experience both.

So Ruth and I worked together, brainstorming about things that she knows about her church together with things that I know about my home church and I think we came up with some great plans!  We are both really excited for the visit from my home church.

They come in May.  That is going to feel like forever!  But I look forward to every second of their visit.

Today was very productive and reminded me about why I love Pastor Ruth and her church.  Can't wait for both of my worlds to come together in May when I share Pastor Ruth and Alas de Aguilas with my friends from K2!  It's going to be great.  I can feel God's hand in it already.

No comments: