Sunday, February 1, 2015

Isabela's bday

I spent the past 2 days in bed.  Not much to say about that.  Fany has been bringing over breakfast and a night time hot drink which she feeds me through my bedroom window because I am too lazy to go unlock the door.

This morning I woke up at 5 a.m. and got right to work after sleeping for two days.  I baked a cake and had it frosted by 7 a.m.  I washed a load of clothes and cleaned the house, even the windows and window sills by 9 a..m.  Then Fany brought me baleadas, my favorite breakfast.  Yumm!!!

Baleadas are a tortilla that is doughier than a regular tortilla, with your choice of fillings.  A basic baleada is beans and cheese.  Then you could add eggs, mantequilla, sausage, avocado...  Although I rarely eat breakfast I gobbled those suckers down!

Then I took a shower, blew up ballons for Isabela's birthday, and accidentally feel asleep at 11 a.m.  Fany knocked on the door at 1 p.m. and found me asleep.  Both of us were surprised.  But my little nap gave me the energy I needed to have a great afternoon with my friend Ana and her family for Isabela's birthday.

Once again, I took a million awesome photos with no memory card in my camera until after the dinner, cake, and presents, Isa asked to see a picture I took of her.  That was when the camera finally told me that there was no memory.  I am still really disappointed.  I had a photo of her blowing out her number 2 on her cake that I know would have been so cute!

Fany and Laura got a stuffed monkey that Isa loved.  She really liked the outfit I bought for her when I was in the US.  It's a sweater dress with leggings and it sparkles.  It fits Isa's personality perfectly.  She seemed to agree.

As we said goodbye I realized how much it breaks my heart not to spend much time with them anymore.  We are spending every other Saturday together, but it is not the same as 6 days/week like before.  I hate saying good bye to Samuel.  I just wanted to smother him in kisses and hugs.  Luckily he doesn't mind.

Isa and her cousin

Laura keeping track of things from her casita while Samuel, Isa and David play with balloons.

No comments: