Saturday, March 19, 2016

Crossing the Sea

Thursday we all met at the office and were transported to a tourist resort where we enjoyed a day of workshops.

In the morning we learned how to assess the communities in order to evaluate if our program can be effective there. It was interesting.

In the afternoon the social workers set up a bunch of activities for us to show us how we should approach the families and emphasize that everyone has something important to contribute, no matter who they are or where they come from. We did some team building activities and games to demonstrate that each person plays an important role.

Afterward we had a little celebration for the social workers and the psychology student who are now completing their internship with us. They have been with my organization for a year, so I only know my workplace with them in it. I can't imagine us without them. They have organized some really amazing things which I have had the honor to take place in this year. They will be missed!

Next week we are on vacation all week for Semana Santa, so I offered to throw a little going away party for them at my house. I rarely invite people over, so this will be a big deal for me. There are only nine of us. but I am already preparing.



Crossing a shark and alligator infested sea

Impacto Juvenil (Youth Impact)

No comments: